Thursday, February 26, 2009
Wanted to share a little piece of the me. When I get stressed out, I BAKE. I did this when I was studying for tests when at the University of Utah. Kind of a joke with my classmates and they could count on me to bring a pan of something to share after the test. I found myself gravitating to the stove last night. As I was glued to the computer screen, wafting through my house was the smell of Poppy Seed Bundt cake. Delish!
POPPY SEED BUNDT CAKE
1 yellow cake mix
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp rum flavoring
1/4 cup poppy seeds
1 pkg (3. 4 oz) instant French vanilla pudding
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup butter melted
Mix above for 5 minutes. Grease and flower bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Cool on rack for 15 minutes the turn out of pan on rack and cool completely. Dust with powder sugar and ENJOY!!!
Not sure what I will baking next month. I will be baking for a few days worth. If you live close to me, don't be surprised if I show up on your door step with a baked item. Rest assure, I will be sharing the recipes.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
To fill up my empty void, I give you some boring bullets.
- Did my taxes yesterday. I am actually for two years in a row, getting money back. Not sure what I will do with this land fall (stretching the truth here) of added wealth. Be practical and place in quickly in savings OR spend it on a luxury item OR spend it on a necessities. So much to think about.
- I have been working on getting rid of a lot of the "clutter" project that needed to get done. You know stuff like replacing the burned out lights in my NINE foot ceiling in the kitchen. Why is it the lights burn out at two at a time? Sorting through piles of papers (taxes, receipts, coupons). Mailing packages. All the stuff that weighs a household down.
- Still working on Tate's room. I did switch what I wanted to do on the eight foot window valance. What I am ending up doing has been a nightmare to say the least. I am almost ready to scrap the whole valance and just leave it as is. Valance and nightmare to be posted with pictures when done.
- My dad just turned 79 the other day. SEVENTY NINE!!! I look at him with youthful eyes and see my Dad as young. He is healthy and full of energy. Just scares me how quickly things can change. He is funny, loving and annoying at time. I do love him so.
- It seems like a lot of people are cutting back on the blog reading. Lent or signs of our busy world. I wish I could join them. But who am I kidding with referrals and people traveling, there is no way I could give it up right now.
- I need a new blog look. I am going to stop this blog and start a new blog when travel to Tate. Any suggestions for names for the new blog? Blog designs??? Would love some input.
Now if only there would be something in the air with all of March 2006 LID's.
Monday, February 23, 2009
Friday, February 20, 2009
Good thing number one...
Finding out the amazing adoption benefits my employer offers to it's employees. The one having me do the happy dance is free airline tickets to and from "place of adoption" for me, my Mom, and brother, who is my pass rider. Going to China just might be in first class.... One of the benefits of working for an airlines.
Good thing number two.......
Look what I found in my mailbox just 6 hours after I received the amazing news about the flights.... It is my renewed and ready to travel I 171H... good until August 10 2010. Jerry was a man of his word and must have hand processed my I-600A and sent it off faster than the speed of sound. I think if has a 8 days ago that I handed off the forms to him.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
- I have been sick with a wicked cold for the past 10 days. I still worked my early morning ten hour shift without missing an hour. I am proud of that fact since I am a believer that IF you don't feel good, YOU STAY HOME FROM WORK. I am rethinking this since I want to save my sick paid time off when I have Tate home and may need to use this time for her or for me.'
- I think I opened a whole can of worms when I went to a new MD for my updated physical for the LAST home study. Kind of bitter-sweet. Since I am at "the age" for baseline tests and the history of no less than 4 broken bones in the past three years, the new MD and I decided to I should go for a bone scan. After the scan was analyzed, I get this call from the the MD's office that I have osteo BLAH BLAH and needed to come into the doctors immediately. I am like what the heck(???) and end up in the office the next day. All alarms were going off in my head because I am thinking that my body is falling apart just as I was realizing my life long dream of motherhood. Funny how the worst plays into the mind when given a sudden medical appointment. No worries... the MD told me that I have the beginnings of osteo softening in my spine and just need to make sure I am taking calcium and do weight bearing exercises. Another good reason to get walking with my amazing stroller, dog and TATE!
- In our local USCIS office, we have quite a treasure. Each and every time I have gone to this office I have had the pleasure of having Jerry's help. I cannot begin to describe what a difference this experience has been when you work with someone in a US office who is there for you. He was all knowing in the free I 600A/1 171H and knew exacted what was needed. I handed off the final home study, etc to him the other day. As he glanced over my forms, he tells me he will personally hand process my papers the next day. Got to love a government worker named Jerry for that promise!
- Projects are going slow. I think I have attention deficit in this area. As I try to finish one project, I get sidetracked with another. For months now (actually for a year and a half) I have gotten side tracked with Tate's room. In my defense I will say, working with an old house that needs things done first before cosmetics can be done really gets you off track. That and the fact that I am doing most of it alone. Recently I have made the statement that "in my next life I want to come back RICH or someone who could not care less about decor and detail". Oh how I envy the person who can live with mismatching colors and tacky decor. I am not a fashion diva and those who have been in my home know that it is not perfection.
- I have been worried that when I get THE CALL I will be at work and will see that my agency in on the cell phone but not able to answer it because........ My nightmare that I will be stuck on a call helping some drunk in Las Vegas extending their boozed-out-gamblin' vacation for an addition two days. I was not sure if I should try to cover my shifts for the anticipated days of referrals are expected. I chatted with my new supervisor yesterday about my concerns... the responds was that they would consider this like going into labor and let me head home ASAP to take call the freak out and get the email. OR as threatened, be made to take the call with the ones at work so they could celebrate with me. This touched me deep in my heart since changing to work in the day and not night, I hardly know these people, still they wanted to be part of my joy.
- Sadly, my agency does not get their referral when everyone else does. The story is they live in a town that DHL does not service. Since China uses DHL, the package is delivered to Las Vegas and then is US postal service to their offices in a town 90 minutes away. Is it too much to ask that someone drive to Vegas meet the DHL truck and drive back???? I am tempted to fly to Vegas to meet the package and drive to the office with the package. Only good thing to this is, I can at least gauge the anticipated day to take off of work to wait for Tate's referral.
Today is my kissy cheek love of my snuggle gal, Tess' third birthday (previously To Tess and Back). Go on over and wish her a third happy birthday. Take a gaze at her cuteness and sweetness. Pure Toddler Perfection.
Monday, February 16, 2009
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Monday, February 09, 2009
I am ready for some good RUMORS, where are they???
Tuesday, February 03, 2009
Three nights home... out doing what most people do in the evenings. Sunday dinner at my brother's (Super Bowl party), two days of walks as the sun kisses the day goodbye. Creative burst finally causing projects to get done.
Truly a happy new chapter for me!