MY BULLETS OF LIFE!
- Over this weekend, I had the opportunity to stay at my friend's house for five days and watch her three t'ween girls. A 14, 13 and 11 year old. I say opportunity because truly is was a great gift I was given by her. She paid me an obscene amount of money for doing nothing but sleep over and make sure her girls were alive for her return. Her girls were delightful and sweet and EASY. For those who know me, you know there was no way I would not have fun with these girls. Videos, bowling, cooking and laughing. I let them do whatever with their friends over. What was the real "treat" besides the earned riches, was the house I stayed in. I have seen some amazing houses in my life, but never stayed in such a house with lots of land including two streams. This house should and I am sure will be in some magazine like Architecture Dig*st or Ho#se Bea#tiful someday. Really an amazement. What totally surprised myself so much about all this was ME. As I pulled up to my house my heart skipped a beat. I realized how much I love my small house. My house on a regular street.... small lots, cars parked all over, old and always in need of some repair or update. I guess home is home no matter how imperfect it is.
- Weighing heavy on my mind this last past 9 months has been my job situation. While looking for a new job that would better accommodate being a single mom, I have come up against a few factors. One most importantly was a job that I could be able to have FMLA (family medical leave act) while I travel for Tate . I was finding that all jobs I applied for required working for the company for a least one year before they would hold my job and insurance. I also found that if I started teaching before I traveled for Tate, I would have had to work for the school districts for three years. With everything weighing in, I have made the decision to go full time at C*ntinental Airlines. Gone are the sleepless nights and anxiety during the waking hours. It just feels "right" during this unknown wait and time frame for Tate. After Tate is in my arms, I will pursue teaching either in special ed or Speech Pathologist in the school system.
- With going full time with the airlines, I now have ZERO access to the blogs during 8 hours of my day. I have had to cut way back from my reading blogs and commenting on blogs. Thankfully Catherine hooked my up with bl*glines and I can try to give a quick read. Please know I am reading, but not commenting as much... please still feel the warmth from me.
- I have had a great travel offer from another airline employee. She has gotten a great deal to stay in Paris at a hotel right on the Champs-Elysees. Three nights/ four days in Paris for a steal of a deal. Those who know prices in Paris for lodging know how expensive a place to stay can be. I have been wanting to head to Paris before Tate comes. Once Tate is here, I still will be traveling with her, but will not be able to go standby in first class. This is kind of my babymoon before become a mom of a child under age 8. Eight is the magic age for airline employees to travel with kids in first class. There is one real glitch to this great deal..... The five days are October 20th- 25th. Do I chance this purchase of the hotel with the possibility of getting a referral for Tate OR even hopefully traveling for my gal? I am so tired of putting on hold "things" because of the unknown.
- Discovery of a great find. With a simple bag of this, one egg and one stick of butter and twenty minutes, my house is full of the amazing smells of sugar cookies. Besides the smells of pure vanilla-y deliciousness..... the eating is beyond YUMMMMM.
Referrals are brewing out there and I am hopeful of a huge batch this time. Pray, meditate, think positive or do whatever to give positive vibes to the CC*A for a humongous batch of sweet baby magic!