Bullet of Life.... Love it or leave it.
This picture is just because I like it......
- So I did IT....I took a deep breath and faced my fear of substitute teaching. Yap- I did it the other day! In the best way ever to have a first time. I was a rover..... And probably the best way to break in a new substitute. The school district was meeting with each teacher for an hour. I got to experience every single grade. I started my day with the kindergarteners. Oh man, I had a hard time not snuggling on some of these doe eyed sweeties. I ended the day with the 6th graders. Loved the 6th graders, but realize how little I know about "6th grade stuff". Both the kindergarten and 6th grade teachers asked my full name at the end. I have vowed that if I get called from the 6th grade teacher, I will ask for a study guide ahead of time just so I do not look like such a fool. The only unpleasant thing I experienced was the B. O. from the kids. I guess this is something I can get used to and will help with my travels to China in the (near) future.
- Subbing has not been short lived for one day. I actually subbed in the Industrial Technology (Shop) class for a middle school…. That experience deserves it’s very own posting. SOON.
- S'up with the 100 wish quilt you might ask? Well, I am almost done piecing the 108 quilt squares. Just this momentous feat requires it very own posting with picture. However, I am short of a final 6 inch x 56 inch strip of no where to be found fabric to complete before I can send it out to machine quilted. Yikes..... I love the fabric and if I cannot find another small piece, I just might be unpicking the final layer and finding something else that would look totally amazing. I will just rack it up to bad math skills.
- I just joined in on the blog lines reading wagon…. I am having mixed feelings about doing this. Somehow it seems so impersonal. I mean, it is convenient to read what everyone is up to, but I find that when I normally would comment, well, it’s just not happening. I find that instead of heading to blog lines, I will go to my blog and click on my blog list. If you do not see a comment from me, please know I am reading and just busy?!
- As expected, I thought I would be celebration this Halloween, Christmas, Chinese New Year with Tate. When I realized that this was happening, I had vowed to myself to MAKE each of these holidays amazing anyway. So far I have been successful with this goal. CNY has been for me a three weekend celebration. It amazes me the number of Chinese (or Asian) influences we have in this city I live in. My little mind has been racing to next year and all the ways I will add these celebrations into my life with Tate.
Bullets of life.... For me, I LOVE IT!!!