- companionship. Having someone always there to play with, love or even dislike at times.
- dynamics between a single child and parent. I have heard that when it is only a mom and a child, the relationship is so different than when you place another child in the mix. When there is another child, then you are the mom and they are the kiddos.
- someone to share family memories. Since I am a card holding membership of AARP now, I worry that I will leave this earth before Tate is established in her life. I want Tate to have someone who she can "dish" about me and all the memories... fun and frustration with me as the Mama.
- someone to have family traditions. I want to have my own very specific family traditions. I will have these traditions whether it is just the two of us, or others in our family. Heck, I even have specific family traditions with the 90 lbs of snuggle pup, Mesa. I know that Tate will be welcomed with opened arms at my family and friends while they have their traditions. I also have been there at these same traditions. I love being a guest at these traditions.... but I am a GUEST in someone else's traditions. I never want Tate to feel that she does not have her own traditions she can share with a sibling.
- I know it will be a hard job to mother two as a single momma.
- I know it will be a huge expense.
Hey I can only think of two concerns why not to add one more kiddo.
Right now I have got to wait to get Tate here and then figure out the how to for another one or two....
If you do want more munchkins, how do you see yourself adding to your family?
****I know that this is a dilemma for married parents. Please feel free to comment on this subject also.