There is so much rain in the clouds above us causing the humidity to be HORRID. I look like a dripping mess.... sweaty, YUCK! We have had a few storms but nothing that would alleviate the HORRID HUMIDITY.
Tate is such a trooper.... She is always happy. VERY active always, exuberant, but ALL WAYS HAPPY. The poor sweetie is dripping hot too. I found some water and wet her burp clothe (which she does not need) and wiped her sweet little sweaty body. The whole time she is smiling and babbling.
Today's adventure in bullets....
- Today was the very laughable "medicals".... and happily she passed! Tate is 19 lbs and 27.5 inches tall. The whole time she is babbling and laughing. The poor lady who was checking her hearing was not liking that Tate was grabbing all the squeaky toys causing havoc to her very high tech testing.
- The last forms are filled out and will be submitted to the Consulate tomorrow. We will be banished to our rooms for 2 hrs before we will be let loose on "the Island" to shop. I kind of like the banishment for 2 hours, maybe I will be able to get some rest while the little one sleeps....
- One of the things I really wanted for Tate while here in China was a Buddhist blessing. Today we were brought to a beautiful temple and I knelt with Tate and were blessed. I feel this is important because more than likely, Tate's birth family would have been Buddhist. I wanted this blessing so as she leave her birth land, she would take with her a blessing for her future.
- During our outing to Guangzhou, we went to the pearl market. Even though I had bought a strand of pearls for Tate in Nanchang and a small pair of earrings for when she first gets her ears pierced at 8 years old from Beijing. I decided that even though I have gotten the best gift and memory from China in Tate, I wanted a pearl that would always remind me of this time here in China. I bought a tear drop pearl pendant for me.
- I have not bought a whole lot of "stuff" here on the Island. I figure tomorrow I will hit the markets. I am not a shopper and everything starts looking the same to me from shop to shop. I think I will head to ONE shop and get everything on my list there.
- We wandered the White Swan (we chose to stay at the Victory Hotel) and ate at Lucy's Place. Good old American Cheese burger and fries never tasted so good.
- While we were in Lucy's the clouds decided to release warm soaking rain. Tate LOVED the rain and was excited for each wet drop. She is such a delightful baby.
- All this rain was way too much excitement for one little baby, so after a warm bath and bottle, she was off to bed. I had on my hands one cranky, overtired baby who did not want to miss out on anything and would not sleep. She cried... I felt so inadequate that I did not know what how she wants to be comforted. It is all a guessing game. Trying to read the signs, know what she wants, and giving it to her. She wanted me to hold her, rock her, yet she cried such tired sounding tears. I know when we are in our own space just the two of us, I will learn to know how to comfort my baby. Right now all I can do is try.
- I am so ready to come home.