(sorry for the poor quality of pictures... I just grabbed the point and shoot and clicked)
- champion sleeper! She has quickly moved from the 14 hour time change from day to night. She has been sleeping in her crib 12 hours at night and wakes up gooing and HAPPY!!!
- sickie... Tate was the only baby in our travel group of 9 families who did not get sick. On the last two days of our trip to Hong Kong, my brother, mom and myself started wicked bad colds and coughs. Tate, still healthy as a panda. After getting home, she started spiking fevers... her peds decided to start her on Tamiflu as a precautionary measure. She still has a fever of 99.0 and a cough. I will say the CUTEST feminine COUGH you have ever heard with some raspiness. I am heading into the peds again this afternooe just in case it is something more.
- Loves MESA!!! At first she was a little freaked at this HUGE fur ball of a dog. Her curiosity won over and soon she was observing the antics of the dog. I would refer to Mesa as "puppy", now Tate makes the "p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p" sound for Mesa. Mesa took to Tate immediately. She did sense Tate's hesitation and let Tate just touch and grab at will. Mesa now is close at hand whenever Tate is up, and is learning to enjoy space around the highchair for displaced Puffs.
- tummy time... I want to hold my gal constantly. After reading and hearing about the importance of tummy time, I now force myself for twenty minutes a day twice a day to let Tate be out of my arms and on her tummy. We have been working on rolling over from front to back and back to front. She just thinks this is fun.
- growth.... two days after we arrived home, Tate had her well baby check up. I was able to postpone the bloodwork and the vaccinations for a few weeks. She is 18.6 lbs (37%on the US charts) and 29 inches (83% on the US charts). Because her orphanage used the tainted formula, I will have her renal function test checked. I know she was born after the formula was taken off the market, but wanted to make sure she did not receive any, just in case.
- Kisser.... she is such an affectionate baby! She loves to be stroked and touched. Loves the massage when lotion is applied. LOVES me to kiss her on her face, neck and lips. She now will initiate kisses and hugs.
- MUSIC freak! She loves anything with music.... wind up stuffed animals, radio, ME singing. Loves everything. She will eat best when I am singing the wheels on the bus. It is amazing all the verses you can make up about the bus when you are singing this several times a day!
- jet lag has been good to me. Tate sleeps, I wake up at about 2 a.m. wanting to wake her just to hold and kiss on her. Most of the nights I will resist.
- trying to get used to the EXPLOSION of baby paraphernalia..... it seem to be multiplying overnight.
- I'm just a tad bored. If it Tate was well, I would be flying to Northern California to see the Salsa Gang and Cafrin (visiting from Canada) this week. I hope there will be a next time.
Tate's whole immediate family feels so freakishly in love with our baby!