Saturday, January 31, 2009
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Oh how I look forward to my witty, sharp minded self again. For those who knew me when will scream "Welcome back, my friend"... for the new friends, I am sure you will be saying "Who is the woman???"
Tomorrow I start the weekly shots... oh my achy arms.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Freak! Who are these people who come up with these crazy rumors!?! I am just a little miffed at getting such high hopes then deflated!!! I did try to keep these rumors in perspective. But still got such high hopes only to come tumbling down. A quick cry and then off to live my life for one more month.
Still quoting Seinfeld "SERENITY NOW!!!!"
I am really excited for the families who are March 1 and 2 2006 who will be seeing their sweet babies this month.... Congrats!!!!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
I am not sure if I should request a day off of work this month when there is rumor of storks flying.... a day I would rather save and take off when I actually have my gal.... Then again, there is no way I can take "the call" at work. Such dilemma. I will have to talk to my supervisor about that one.
Do I round up the troops (family) for a gathering for "the call" and ask agency to call back when everyone is gathered? Hmmmm, it would take parents at least 30 minutes to get to my house and brother and family one hour... providing everyone is ready to jump in the car and head out the instant I rally the troops.....This one I all ready know the answer. There is no way I will have the emotions to do this one... "FREAKIN' GIVE ME THE INFORMATION, agency lady!!!"
What to do about the blog??? Another no brainer... get a post ready "to go" where I can add the picture and information.
Now for the celebration part... this was a questioned asked to me last night by my sweet buddy and fellow SWAC (single women adopt china) gal, Yvette. I guess when Yvette got the call, a huge party was in the works.... Heck, I think they had to rent a banquet hall to contain all those who were celebrating. Opppps, back to the subject in hand..... "the celebration". This one is one I am sure will be the no brainer. We are a family who can celebrate at no notice.... I will do a warning to clear the calender on the rumor day... and head to a Chinese restaurant with referral picture in hand.
So now I have a referral day plan for this low possibility of referral month....
- locate "the call" paper placing in safe place with pen close at hand.
- not take day off but chatting with supervisor for suggestions of what to do.
- get immediate gratification and get information from agency lady before gathering the troops.
- blog announcement ready to post except for vital information ready to be added.
- party like a rock star with referral in hand.
I am sure next month I will be more planned.... day off requested, troops gathered, possible video set up, oxygen mask ready to apply and oh the ever present call sheet ready to gain the added information for my love, TATE!!!
Monday, January 19, 2009
Last night I did have a dream.... a VIVID dream. A dream where I received Tate's referral. I got to see her sweet face, see her (assumed) birth date (Feb 28 2008) and see the referral package that the Fed Ex guy brought me. Soooooo vivid and surreal! Needless to say I was not expecting this referral and was in a state of SHOCK and tears..... tears of joy the whole time in this dream.
So, I have a dream... one that might come true in a few days or a month or two. But it will be a dream come true.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
So busting out the bullets.
- Shocked and over the moon with the latest "rumors" of the speed up of referrals thru at least March 23.... I would be shocked if I see Tate's face in a few days to weeks.... happily over the moon shocked!
- After work I stopped off at a grocery store for a few items. I was drawn to the baby section.... I just stood there and stared. I was soaking in all the baby food, melty baby snacks, pediolyte, formulas... BLANKLY stared at all items that means "BABY". I soon will be adding stuff from this aisle into my grocery cart. Sooner than maybe expected, I might add. I decided to buy that small square wipes container for my new diaper satchel.
- Shoppy with my gal in mind .... overstuffed rocking chair for snuggle time with my gal, small portable diaper bag that fits into my purse AND will hook to the side of her stroller.
- I decided to re-register for stuff at Babys r Us. By now I have collected a few things and know more what I need and want. I originally registered a few years ago and I was clueless. Still have not bought a car seat. The one I originally wanted is not available because it was last years style. I guess this is what happens when a momma waits three years for her baby.
- Slowly but surely I am getting the nursery done. I have a goal to get it at least looking cute by the time I have a friend and her two kiddos come to visit the snow in Utah.... looking forward to meeting this gal and her family.
- I am working on the renewal of the last and final I 600A... what a joy (cough, cough) to be working with my agency.... I have not wanted to disrespect or speak badly here on this blog so hope this quote from Seinfeld will suffice... "SERENITY NOW, SERENITY NOW!!!"
- For the renewed home study I needed to get a physical. Oh joy of JOY!!! Not only am I armed with the signed paperwork for the home study, I now have a fistful of other "tests" that I get to do!!! Lucky me... mammogram, colonoscopy, bone density scan..... and more blood work.
- Not sure how much I will believe I will be seeing Tate's face next week. I am okay with seeing her muchly anticipated sweet face. Just figure if rumor at true, I will be getting an dream come true sooner than later.
I do have a lot of catch up of posts like the home rejuvenation going on here as well as Tate's kingdom and wardrobe. All are posted with anticipation of just plan boring stuff, but stuff I wanted to document for when I slurp this blog, edit, print in book form and end this chapter of the blog. I do plan on continuing a new blog documenting life with Tate.
Friday, January 09, 2009
Tearing up from emails. Cafrin as Ro and Re call her, sent me an email pouring out the love and joy for my upcoming referral. Back at ya my sweet friend.
Tearing up from posts I am reading on other blogs... some mentioning me and Tate, some just getting close to referral, some referral in hand, and others in China getting ready for the HAND OFF of their little ladies.
Tearing up making congrats phone calls.... Blogger Utah single momma buddy just adopted her new sweet little prince Solomon. Not being a texting gal, I call to leave a message on her answering machine. Had to cut the message short because of on coming tears.
Tearing up from the mail.... called my agency about my renewal of the I-600A.... soon a package with the next step and information on what to expect came to my mailbox.
So much happiness for one gal to handle I guess.
Wednesday, January 07, 2009
Tuesday, January 06, 2009
HAPPY coal I will embrace.... panic coal I will try to put out.
Thursday, January 01, 2009
This I shrieked as I about passed out from the truth of this BOLD statement. There is shock and disbelief that this long wait for Tate just might come to an end within the next few months. (Breathe Lisa Breathe)
For the last few months I have had these two 3x4 cards posted on my fridge.
One card is the expiration dates for my fingerprints and I 171H. The other is a list of waiting mommas with their LIDs.