Sunday, December 17, 2006

SHOPPIN'

So what is Tate getting for Christmas this year???? Hopefully she is getting love and warmth and food.... and kisses on the wind from me.... Her MOMMA. But I really did buy my gal something for Christmas!!! I am getting a little grief from a few and a little are "you crazy" from others, but I did it anyway..... I bought Tate's American Girl Doll BITTY BABY. I figure that right now I can afford spending the $98.00 on a doll rather than when I am paying for daycare and diapers and maybe (hope not) formula. I bought a fair skin, almond eyes with black hair doll. My thoughts are.... I will give Tate the doll either for a Birthday or Christmas gift, whichever is closest to the time when she ready for her Bitty baby. I have previously bought two outfits for the doll on SALE, and now have gotten one more that should be arriving with Bitty Baby. I have decided that it is okay if I open the box and played with the doll and clothes.... I am sure that Tate will understand. Maybe it will be a substitute for Tate???

I wanted to share my experience growing up with my mom and dolls.... Her theory was to buy quality and build upon it. I guess I am in the same thought process. I remember VIVIDLY the Christmas I was given my doll "Sally Ann", named after a cow in a storybook. Sally Ann was a Madame Alexander baby doll. She could open and close her eyes, wet the diaper when she was given a bottle, and cried MOM-MA when tipped from front to back. As custom by the Norwegian, we celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve. This is when we open our presents. I am hoping that I'm not ruining for those who believe in Santa, but my Santa gift was given to me that night. I remember my Uncle tipping the box and hearing a MOM-MA!!! I KNEW THAT GIFT WAS FOR ME!!! This was the Christmas just before I turned 3 years. Three months later on my third birthday, I was given a handmade wardrobe sewed by my Mom for my Sally Ann. I also remember my older brother giving me a wooden highchair. I was in heaven!!! Growing up during World War II in Norway, my mom never had a doll of her own, and felt that this is something she wanted to give to her daughter..... Just like I will give to my daughter....

Merry Christmas my little darling Tate.... Momma is waiting for you with your very own Bitty baby.

11 comments:

C's Mom said...

What a sweet story! Can't wait until your own bitty baby is home :0)

Special K said...

Not silly at all! Tate is with you this Christmas in your heart and so she deserves a gift.

My Mia has a stocking hung, an ornament on the tree, and a present underneath already...
let's just hope she's HERE for Christmas next year! Don't want to think about another one without her...

M3 said...

I don't think you're crazy at all! Tate is going to love that doll, especially since it was chosen for her with love by her Momma. (Ok, now I'm sniffling a little picturing you giving it to her - dang Christmas carols Rod's playing are making me all sentimental...)

Donna said...

OMG...those AG Bitty Babies are so cute! Unfortunately, Emma so far has no interest in baby dolls. I may have to buy one for myself!

Anonymous said...

That is sooooo cute! Eliza is getting a tooth brush and a wooden spoon for Christmas...the girl is teething!

Tiffany

Christi and Abbey said...

That is so cute and I loved your story!

Anonymous said...

I've seen those! They are so cute. Hopefully, next Christmas you'll be playing with Tate and Bitty Baby!

Anonymous said...

You are going to be the best Mommy ever! Hope you enjoyed "breaking in" the new doll for Tate. I have done the same thing with Sofia's future dolls. :)

Hugs,
Jonni

Anonymous said...

I think Bitty baby is so sweet. I remember feeling last year exactly the way you are feeling now. It makes me that much more grateful to have my sweetie home for this very special Christmas. Thank you for reminding me.

Anonymous said...

Tate is sooo with you this Christmas!! I love the dollie and clothes.

I know we are really close, but I didn't do anything for Hannah-I kinda feel bad. I've just gotten so much over the past...AHEM 14 months that I should stop or we won't have money for China! LOL!!!

Tawni said...

I looked at that exact doll for Avery...I HAVE to get it for her now. You are not silly or crazy - you are a MOM...whether or not Tate is home with you now - you are still her MOM...this is just the beginning - have fun!