Saturday, September 08, 2007

LIZA B.....

Tonight was our monthly S.W.A.C. (single woman adopt china) meeting. We are a totally small but close knit group. It is so cool that we all can be so different in personalities but still enjoy each other. Out of the five of us.... one has been a momma to a China gal for 5 years, two have been home for 7-10 months..... then there would be two waiting. This is the category I would fall in. I am "NEXT"..... have been for the past 7 months. Nothing new. We eat some, talk a lot and goo and play with the babies. The big girl who is almost 7 is such a delight, an inspiration, and a JOY. Each month I have watched her grow, change, mature...... At first she was kind of wary of the babies. She would interact with them, but still in puzzlement how to act with the babies and also unsure if she liked sharing the limelight with two more gals. Liza is the big gal. Each month as I see her interact with the little ones I see her grow. She now plays with the little ones, picks them up, dances with them. The little ones just love Liza.

Tonight something new happened to me because of Liza. You see, Liza put a face to my longing for Tate. She made Tate seem real to me. I would sit and watch as others had their gals in arms. I would listen as they chatted about "kid things". Don't get me wrong, but I would listen, trying to be part of this "talk". But really how can you be part of something that you know nothing of. Tonight Liza brought her Asian doll, stroller, and supplies. She handed me the doll and said, "let's pretend that this baby is Tate". She wanted me to act like I had just gotten Tate and it was my first SWAC meeting with Tate, newly home from China. This play was just what I needed as I held her doll and played like Tate was in my arms.


Who would have thought that an almost SEVEN year old could give me the boost I needed to get me through another few months..... Oh man, I just love that kiddo!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful experience for you!

M3 said...

Wow, that is incredible. What a sweet, sweet girl!!!

Joannah said...

What a neat girl! How very perceptive of her.

Shelley said...

Awww - Such a sensitive and wonderful little girl. What a special gesture that was.

Susie said...

I'm glad you had such a boost from her. I really hope that the wait speeds up so you can bring Tate home!!

Colleen said...

That picture is awesome!

I remember spending time with some of my friends girls adopted from China and its amazing what they did for me thru the wait.

18 months down Lisa...you ARE getting there, believe it or not. Swear.

Colleen said...

That picture is awesome!

I remember spending time with some of my friends girls adopted from China and its amazing what they did for me thru the wait.

18 months down Lisa...you ARE getting there, believe it or not. Swear.

OziMum said...

That is so beautiful! Liza sounds like an excellent role model for Tate!

Donna said...

That is so cool...she sounds like a wonderful young lady!

C's Mom said...

What a sweetheart Liza is...kids can be the absolute best! That's one great pick-me-up.

Kristin said...

That is a wonderful story... what a intuitive little girl!

Jewels of My Heart said...

That just touched my heart... sometimes children see our hearts cry and intuitively know just what we need. She is just beautiful and I can't wait to see pics of you with your daughter in your arms.
God's Speed to your Tate