Tuesday, August 19, 2008

CHINA LESSONS

Lucky me!!! I spent three fun filled days with four of China's best little girls. Besides having screamin' fun....... lessons were learned as well.


(Liza B 7, MiMi 7, Nora 7, YuYu 8)
the three on the right are siblings- their momma should be sainted

LESSONS LEARNED......

  1. I guess I am one naive noodle eater. I always thought Ramen noodles were the kind of noodle kids from China eat. Silly Lisa, the best (and they are delish) noodles are the ones found in the Asian grocery.











  1. I have always been pretty proud that I am such a great chopstick user.. until I met YuYu and Nora. I was quick to learn that I hold my chopstick wrong..... I needed to cross the top in an "X" to wow these two chopstick experts. Both YuYu and Nora were both 4 1/2 when brought home from China. There is about 18 months difference in age between Nora and YuYu. MiMi was about 11 months. YuYu, MiMi and Nora have a 11 year old sister Elle who happened to be at G#rls Sc*ut camp..... Like I said before, their momma needs to be sainted since she is a single momma with a house full of lovin" China beauties. The beauty on the far left is Liza B.... she is best buds with MiMi and part of our Single Momma's group. (SWAC).
I had decided that since I was spending my three days off hangin' with the gals, I was going to enjoy it. I had no other EXPECTATIONS for the day BUT have fun... so we did lots of Summer water things. I exchanged my small SUV for the family van.... the van I loved. On the drives the four girls would sing..... Since three of the gals were in first grade together, they sang their patriotic spring program. In tears I listened to the sweet voices sing America, Yankee Doodle Dandy and others. I glance in the rear view mirror into the bright faces of the NOW Chinese-American gals.....

What heart warm lessons I have learned.

12 comments:

Kayce said...

What fun! Love that first picture with the leis on their heads! I'm so glad that you are able to spend time with wonderful beauties like that.

Anonymous said...

Wow, their mom has her hands full. They are beautiful girls, and how awesome are you to not only watch them, but enjoy it just as much as they did.

That's our Lisa!

Jessica said...

Lisa, I have loved your blog since I worked with you and secretly check up on it to see what's happening on your journey. I hope all is well and that Tate comes soon, I know she will. Here's to many more happy moments with fun friends.

Jessica Parrish

C's Mom said...

Now THAT'S a whole lotta good fun.

Kelli said...

Beautiful pictures, beautiful girls!!! And YES, go to the asian supermarket! None of them are any healthier than the rest, but the ones that really are from China are SO much tastier!!!

Donna said...

What beautiful girls...you must have had a blast with them!

Marji said...

Lisa, you are too kind, but Lisa's readers, don't believe the hype, sainted? Makes me to laugh, no way, not even in the same ball park, way across town, can't even find the keys to drive to the sainthood ball park, so so so exaggerated. But the part about my gorgeous children is perfectly accurate, maybe even a bit understated, but I'm not completely objective about it. Lisa was a life saver for me last week as I scrambled all summer to patch together day care for my beauties. I am so greatful for her help and my kids get wistful when they talk about how much fun they had with Lisa and Mesa last week, like their childhood is now sadly over because they can't go jamming around town with Lisa anymore. Lisa is going to be one terrific mom, the child who shall be Tate is one lucky little girl.

Anonymous said...

Wow you took on a challenge. But it looked fun! Good practice for Tate and gang:)

a Tonggu Momma said...

Wow - what a fun day! You had your hands full, for sure.

You know, now that I'm thinking about it, I don't know one single person - not one - who would do that for me, Canuck K and Strawberry. Our five girls tend to make people duck and cover. LOL.

laurel said...

That looks like a blast!!

a Tonggu Momma said...

I just read the comment you posted on my blog yesterday. I don't have your e-mail, so I decided to stop back in. I wanted to tell you that I am so, so impressed with where you are in your preparation to become a momma, especially an adoptive momma. I am embarrassed at where I was when we first traveled to meet the Tongginator. Anyways, you impress me. A. lot.

Unknown said...

I have to agree, these are some pretty cute kids and of course extremely smart! I learn things from them every day. I love getting to share time with the whole group.