Thursday, August 14, 2008

LISA'S SUPER MOIST CHOCOLATE SHEET CAKE

This is not what Marie and Rose and I made but soooooo delish that I had to share. This cake is sooooo moist. It would be a great addition to your end of the Summer holiday picnic.

LISA'S SUPER MOIST CHOCOLATE SHEET CAKE
(also know as the Texas sheet cake... since I am not from Texas, liberties were taken to rename)




2 squares (1 cup) butter
2 TB cocoa
1 cup water
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
2 eggs, well beaten
1 /2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 /4 tsp salt

In large bowl place dry ingredients. In sauce pan melt butter, cocoa, water and bring to boil. Pour over dry ingredients and beat well. Add 2 well beaten eggs and buttermilk. Beat well again. Pour into prepared 9 x 13 inch pan back at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until center is done. While cake is baking, make frosting.

FROSTING
In pan, melt 1 square butter, 4 (+) TB cocoa, 6 TB milk and bring to boil. Pour over 1 box powdered sugar and mix well. Add 1 tsp vanilla and 1 cut chopped nuts. Beat well. Pour hot frosting over hot or warm cake. Spread very carefully. Cool before serving.

3 comments:

Amy said...

If only you had that recipe in a low fat, sugar free version I'd be ALL OVER IT! Sadly, I can't eat those things anymore... so PLEASE enjoy a big fat piece for ME! ;)

*hugs*

-Amy & Ruby Cate
www.bookmyblog.com

Kayce said...

YUM!! I'm thinking I'm gonna have to make that! Glad to see you post. ;)

Gracencameronsmomy said...

I might have to make this right.now.