- Last night's "Christmas" party was fun... strange to be celebration Christmas early but way fun catching up with my gourmet gals...
- I am living in a state of chaos right now.... My life has been taken over by Frank. Frank is the handyman I have hired to get some of my "projects" done. He likes to start early, 8:30 which is early for me since I work late and get in bed at 1:00 am, and is quite the fine dust maker. Even though doors are shut off, fan is on, and things are covered up, there is a fine dust everywhere.
- Projects happenin' is all in preparation for my sweet thing, Tate. The closet in the "laughing referred to" Master room is being opened up and customed. This old house had ONE closet in the original floor plan.. in my room. I have been using the closet in Tate's room since I added a closet at the time of finishing off this room. Why all the dust and mess??? The length of this closet is 6.5 feet. The closet opening is 2 feet. Frank is cutting a 5.5 foot opening into a weight baring wall. I will be be painting and customizing the shelves and rods.
- SCORE!!! Saturday night I am being taken to see Twilight..... a pleasant surprise!
- This Saturday is the BIG football rivalry between the University of Utah (UofU) and Brigham Young University (BYU). AKA the Heathens vs the Mormons. This is HUGE around here.... HUGE, I tell you. I am a graduate from the U of U. I am a heathen- and proud.
- Reality has hit me when I realize the age of my parents. How often do you look at your parents through your youthful eyes. Do you notice how OLD they really are??? Last week my 78 (soon to be 79) dad cleaned out my rain gutters. HE INSISTED!!! Up and down the ladder he went with purpose. As he stood up at the top working, I had the chance to really look at him. HE is getting old, but what a sweetheart to get up on that ladder and help out his little girl. I am thinking he also looks at me through youthful eyes and sees his baby girl.
- I am getting bids on refinishing my hardwood floors in the living and dining rooms. Another dust project in the making. Last October I pulled up the carpet and padding to discover this buried treasure. Yes... this is all in preparation for Tate. Not sure of my rationalizing on this one.
- I will not be decoration for Christmas this year. Just too busy living in a mess of dust and organizing... Next year with Tate in my life, I will deck the halls.
Friday, November 21, 2008
IT'S THE BULLETS BABY!!!
Bringing information on via the bullets.... LOVE IT!!!