Wednesday, November 05, 2008

LOUVRE

Modern entrance of the Louvre.... If you read the book Da Vinci Code this place played significance in the story. I found this just fascinating.





Juxtaposition of modern and classic architecture



I have been in a lot of major museums in my life in both Europe as well as the USA ..... However, I had never been to the Louvre in the two precious visits to Paris. I did a quick walk through and hit the highlights..... I really wanted to be out of a stuffy crowded museum and out on the streets of Paris..... Someday I will return to the Louvre and take the time that I should.


MUST SEE HIGHLIGHTS.......



The main lady herself Mona Lisa (1503-1506) ......

I cannot believe the 20 deep people around this tiny picture. I just held my camera over head and snapped a picture.


Venus de Milo, 100 B.C.


Winged Victory of Samothrace, 190 B.C.

STUFF I LIKED AT THE LOUVRE .......


This was the coronation of Napolean. I love the deep colors and the detail of this painting. Napolean's mom was not able to be at the coronation but Napolean had the painter add his mom sitting proudly in the balcony.





Reminded me of the Sistine Chapel at the Vatican in Italy......



Heading towards our next museum and right before I was pooped bombed by the pigeon. In the distance you can see the Eiffel tower peeking out of the haze.