Friday, February 17, 2006

100 GOOD WISHES QUILT

There is a tradition in the northern part of China to make a Bai Jia Bei, or 100 Good Wishes Quilt, to welcome and celebrate life. It is custom to invite friends and family to contribute a square of cloth along with a good wish for the baby. The quilt is said to contain the luck, energy and good wishes from everyone who contributed a piece of fabric. The quilt becomes a heirloom and is passed from generation to generation.

I have decided to collect quilt squares for making my Tate a
100 good wish quilt.... I cannot sew a straight line and am really not a quilter.... But I am up for a challenge and love that I can provide Tate a bit more history with her Chinese culture and the connection to the Chinese Adoption community and her American family and friends.

I really do not have too much specifics other than an 8x8 square would be nice and a wish or thought on a 4x6 card with a small square of the fabric you are sending attached to this card...

Email me for my address and if you are doing a 100 good wish quilt... Please let me know so I can be part of your daughter's good luck.....

5 comments:

Pug Mama said...

Lisa, I mailed you a quilt square today! check it out chickie! http://awaitingava.blogspot.com
-Melissa, from your FebDTC group

OziMum said...

Oh crap - I sent you a 6" square? Hopefully it's ok.
Lee-Anne

Donna said...

Hi Lisa,

I'll be putting one in the mail soon.

Donna :)

rubyiscoming said...

Would love to send you a square - shoot me an email with your mailing address :)

Kim

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work »