Saturday, June 24, 2006

GOLDEN BUDDHA COOKIES

Referrals have come in and it was a happy referral baking!!!! Enjoy......

GOLDEN BUDDHA COOKIES




AKA........ ORANGE-CARROT COOKIES

1 cup cooked carrots (drain/mashed)
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup shortening
2 drops yellow food coloring
1 egg
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp orange extract

Cream shortening and sugar, add eggs and carrots. Mix dry ingredients together adding to wet mixture with vanilla and lemon extract. Make into 1 tsp size cookies. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-12 minutes. Frost.

ORANGE FROSTING

1 # powdered sugar
2 tsp orange extract
1 tsp vanilla
1 cube butter, softened
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg white
1 drop yellow food coloring

Mix together. Whip in egg white. Frost cookies.
Makes about 36 cookies.

ENJOY!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Joannah said...

Oh, my! Those look delicious! Do you ship overnight? I'll take a dozen! ;-)

G & G Hadden said...

Yummmmmmmmm....I'm going to make them tomorrow!!!

Lee-Anne said...

Wow! The cookies look awesome! My oven is on the blink - as soon as its up and running - I'm making these!!!

They're healthy, right? They have a vegetable in them.

PS - your poor big toe! It looks so painful! And breaking both your elbows? OUCH! Maybe stop drinking and wear some sensible shoes?!!!!

Ford & Alyson said...

We copied the recipe and plan to make these. They look and sound fantastic. Since they have carrots in them that does mean they qualify as a vegatable - right?

Donna & Joe said...

Lisa, these look great!! I think your neighbors and co-workers are really lucky, cause I'm sure they get to enjoy all your referral baking!

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»