Tuesday, April 04, 2006

DISAPPOINTMENT COOKIES

A little something about myself.... When I get stressed out, I love to have the mindless activity and the amazing smells of baking..... Hense the baking the other day as I was VENTING my disappointment over the referral delays. You will not be disappointed in the cookies....
DIASPPOINTMENT COOKIES
(Aka Ranger Cookies)

1-1/2 C Butter (softened)*
1 1/2 C each Brown and White Sugar
3 Eggs
1-1/2 tsp Soda
3/4 tsp Baking Powder
1 /2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Vanilla
2-1/2 C Flour
3 C Oats (quick or old fashion)
3/ 4 C Nuts
2 C Chocolate Chips
1 C Coconut

Cream together butter and sugars, add vanilla and eggs one at a time. Add dry ingredients. Last add chocolate chips, coconut, oats, and nuts. I will sometimes substitute SKOR or Heath bits in place of nuts…. Mix well. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. *Chill dough overnight if using melted butter.
ENJOY!!!

8 comments:

M3 said...

Hmmmmm, how much stress do you think would be relieved by mailing cookies to a blogger friend? I'm willing to be a cookie recipient if it would help you out, ya know. ;-)

Eliza2006 said...

I am here to testify...these cookies are GOOD!!!!

Tiffany

Kim M. said...

Okay I'm going to try to make the cookies this weekend. Thanks for the recipe. By the way hang in there girl!

Donna said...

Slow down!!! I still haven't made the scones and now another recipe! These cookies look awesome though and anything with chocolate chips MUST be good. I'm printing this recipe out too.

Donna :)

Anonymous said...

Lisa,

Were you with me when I went to a cookie baking workshop when I still lived in SLC? I can't remember. Anyway, we got a FABULOUS recipe for something the instructor called Ranger Cookies, but they're quite a bit different. They have Rice Krispies instead of coconut and M&Ms instead of chocolate chips, and no nuts. When you take them out of the oven, you smack the cookie sheet on the counter to flatten the cookies so they stay chewy. I love them! I'm going to try yours out too. :o)

Tana

Ava's family said...

Thank's for sharing! I bet they are yummy! I just get the feeling I'm going to gain a ton of weight during this paper pregnancy! :)

Shannon said...

***Thank you!*** from the bottom of my heart and belly! =)

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » »