Sunday, April 09, 2006

JOY OF A BLOW-UP POOL

The birds are singing and the grass is greening up..... The mountains above the city are still white with snow and each warm day causes the canyon rivers to swell from the melting snow.... SURE SIGNS OF SPRING in the Rocky mountains!!!

I am perusing my K-Mart ad and see that the large blow-up pools are on sell for an amazing one day only price of $9.99!!!! Ah...... Reflections of the fun I had with my blow-up pool just last Summer. Sadly the pool had to be trashed due to an unpatchable leak!!! But the JOY, the unexplainable joy that I had with that POOL!!!! Many a hot 100F day would be relieved in that pool.... I would be working in my back yard and the crystal clear waters would beckon to me, pulling me away from the dirt and sweat of gardening, inviting me to take a dip in the 18 inches of ice cold hose water. I would succumb to the temptation and strip off and splash in.....Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... Memories.

I'm heading to K-mart to get me one of those amazing blow up pools!!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had those too!

Donna said...

I want to get one of those this year for when we are trimming the landscape in the back yard. When it's almost 100 degrees at 7am, a pool, even a blow-up pool, would be just the thing!

Donna :)

Joannah said...

Sounds like fun! I had a little plastic pool for my doggies a couple of summers ago. Buffy chewed it up!

Jen R. said...

My son loves his! We were too afraid to build a real pool with our house for safety reasons. And it doesn't seem to matter. He'll jump in and out. Give him a bucket, and he's in heaven, dumping water all around! Amazing what joy a little water and a few bucks for the plastic pool can bring.

Gracencameronsmomy said...

We love our pool. Does Mesa like water? Our dog will get in there when it is hot(which isn't ery often, here...)
Lisa

Christi and Abbey said...

I love spring!! New hope for all of us.

Kristin said...

eva loves her paddling pool... we take it to the beach!

Stephanie V said...

Lisa! You're from Colorado? Get out! I grew up in Gunnison. I knew you were cool.

Oh, and in S. Texas the marinating, I mean wadding pools are a must!

M3 said...

Sounds awesome!
And you KNOW we're going to want to see plenty of pictures of it. Please?!

Pug Mama said...

Strip off...hmmm...I knew you were a spicy kind of gal! :0)

Shannon said...

No update yet? =( Are you still at the store browsing the pool selection?! Hope all is well and enjoy your weekend.

OziMum said...

Yes, the blow-up pool is indeed a wonderful thing!!! You go girl!!!

HAPPY EASTER LISA (and Tate, wherever she may be!)

Lee-Anne

Sandra said...

Does Mesa like the pool? I get a plastic pool for Bailey every year (Norm doesn't like the water splashing)! I guess Chloe will have to learn to share because I don't know that I could keep Bailey out of one in the future!

Anonymous said...

Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
»

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work worn tires neurontin and restless leg syndrome Apply online for a unsecured credit card company How to install a computer video card http://www.generic-nexium.info/buspirone.html Alpha omega computer literacy programs homeschool accutane tinnitus Effexor 37.5 mg benefits http://www.30mg-capsule-ionamin.info/cnn-accutane.html Internatoinal sled dog racing association Paintball armotech Order butalbital overnite delivery free shipping pda hard plastic case fluoxetine hcl 10mg side effects Marietta culinary school

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! autumn wedding flower receipt printers patents Ways to control cholesterol Chevreolet truck air filters