Friday, April 14, 2006

NAIVE


Happy Easter to everyone.... Whether you believe in the religous part of Easter or the fun part with the chickies, chocolate and jelly eggs, PEEPS(!!!!!) Bunnies, and the new Spring outfit... HAPPY EASTER.... it's still a great excuse to get together and PARTY!!!!

Now the part of Easter that I wanted to share.... if you are BUGGED by the spiritual side of me..... do not read and STOP now.....


When I was younger I had a perfectly lovely life.... Two devoted parents who cherished us kiddos and protected us, indulged us, and life seemed so simple. I remember in Sunday School learning about the steps that lead up to Christ's Crucifixion the way he died and his Resurrection. To a kid this all sounded so MEAN but the thing that really hit me was the thought of Christ bleeding from his pores for our sins.... What kind of sins could be so bad that Christ would suffer so much that he BLEED from his pores???? I could only think of a few things that were sins..... Murder, stealing, lying, swearing and talking badly about people.... Boy was I NAIVE.... Now as an adult, I have learned quickly of the evils of man.... No wonder Christ suffered so for all MANKIND'S sins. This year as I nibble my PEEPS and suck on my velvety smooth chocolate Easter Eggs I will think of my life and the love that I have in it and appreciate the sacrifice that Christ made for me.

9 comments:

Christi and Abbey said...

Dear Lisa,
Easter is my favorite holiday! I love the Peeps and eggs and bunnies and new clothes - but I am with you, the most important thing is knowing that He loved me enough to go the whole pathway of obedience. It's amazing love.

Joannah said...

I love the true meaning of Easter, too. Thank you for being open and honest about your faith. I like what Christi said about Christ's obedience. It really is amazing!

Pug Mama said...

Lovely post, THANK YOU!!!!!

Kristin said...

I still cry at the stations of the Cross... we get to station 4, Jesus meets his mother for the last time, and I just bawl... have since I was 7 years old...

Thank you for the reminder of the true celebration of this holiday!

Have a wonderful Easter!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful Easter Lisa!
I just love your beautiful spirit!

Kim M. said...

Easter is truly special! I think so many people forget how important it is. Today at church the sermon was about faith and how much it means when you are a Christian. Hmm.... and in this process we call International Adoption. Happy Easter. Great Post!

Shannon said...

I started crying in Mass yesterday, I was just overcome with gratitude. I'm glad I'm not alone, that there are other people who "get it". Hope you had a great Easter and enjoy your peeps!

Eliza2006 said...

Well said, my friend!

Tiffany

SARA said...

I just finally watched Passion of the Christ this past weekend. It was absolutely horrible seeing the suffering He went through in that movie. It was definitely difficult to watch. I kept crying upon seeing His mother watching all that He went through. I can't imagine. . .