Monday, November 06, 2006

THE KINGDOM STARTETH

I bought this chest of drawers at a yard sale for CHEAP!!! It is just the right height for me to put a cushion on the top and use as a changing table for Tate.

BEFORE

AFTER

Sanded the top, slapped on some BIN primer, two coats of Benjamin Moore semi gloss white paint, and new knobs and handles. The knobs were something I got at a speciality store and paid more than I should have, but so worth it. It matches Tate's Pottery Barn bedding to a "T". Next I will be painting another piece of furniture (Hutch) to put in the room. I have to do the painting this weekend because it is getting cold out in the garage and I am afraid the paint will not adhere and my hands will freeze. I love the details of the dresser. Scalloped edges and squares.... Not bad for paying $35.00 at a yard sale!!!

15 comments:

Deb said...

It is beautiful!

Lisa~~ said...

Lisa it looks great and will look wonderful in Tate's room.

Eliza2006 said...

CUTE!

Tiffany

Colleen said...

WOW, great job! Its a really nice piece. Can't wait to see a pic of it in the room. :)

Joannah said...

Great deal and you've really transformed it into a beautiful piece for your princess!

Michelle said...

Oh, man, I have been looking for a dresser like this for quite some time. Can't find one cheap enough. I guess I need to drag my butt out of bed on the weekends and go "garage sailing"! Nice find!

Anonymous said...

How adorable! Tate's going to LOVE it.

Anonymous said...

Great job!

Anonymous said...

I always love your fix-up projects. Great job, as usual! :o)

Tana

C's Mom said...

Beautiful....you did a great job :0)

wzgirl said...

Beee-uuu-tiii-ful! So pretty! So - so - pretty!!

Kramer said...

I love the dresser. I only wish I were that talented. I can't wait to see it in Tate's room.

Elle said...

Beautiful! I love the knobs - so very cute! I can't wait to see Tate's nursery put together.

Jenn said...

You did a great job with that! Meili won't have a nursery so I'm living vicariously through those of you that get to put one together-can't wait to see the finished product...with Tate in it, of course!

Donna said...

Lisa, the dresser looks GREAT!! LOVE the knobs....very cute!