Sunday, May 24, 2009

LOST AND FOUND




What a surreal experience it was in the Forgotten City. Sprawling acres of buildings with me totally melting in the vast shadelessness of a beautiful sunny humid day. At the exit of the Forbidden City, I spied this poster. I stepped to the side of the group to snap the picture, turned around and the group had disappeared. All I could see was a ocean of black hair. I started scanning to locate the blue flag of our guide. Blue must be a popular guide flag color... too many to chose from. So there I stood in the middle of a bridge over the mote at the exit of The Forbidden City.... LOST IN CHINA. I paced back and forth hoping that someone from the group would miss me. When you are standing in the middle of China, alone, you start to wonder what a person just might do IF lost in China! Luckily, my brother (part of the travel posse with me) missed me coming back to find me!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Glad you were found...and I'm sure Tate is too!

Donna said...

Wow! How frightening! I guess I should have emailed you my lost Parent card!

Happy it turned out well though.

By the way, I can't see the photo in this post. I checked properties and it looks like you copy and pasted from your email? Anyway, I just wanted to make sure you knew it wasn't displaying.

24 hours! That's tomorrow! I'm so excited for you!

Donna
Our blog: Double Happiness!

Shannon said...

Oh my goodness! I can see the headlines...Tate's Mommy Lost in China! Glad you were found. Not much longer til Tate is in your arms! =)

Alyson and Ford said...

We remember the days of saying "don't let me out of your sight"!! I would have panicked!!

Glad all is well. Can't wait to see your next set of pictures!

Happy Memorial Day!

Alyzabeth's Mommy for Eight Months!
Forever Family Day 09/16/08
Service to Children www.fumch.org