Sunday, May 17, 2009

SENTIMENTAL FOOL

Yes, that would be me..... I will be the momma that will have boxes of special memories and projects made by Tate. I will be the dreaded momma you will want to run from screaming when you see me approach, You know the kind of momma that has a ton of pictures she MUST show of her amazing unique one of a kind child.

In honor of my referral for Tate, I have purchased and framed this picture. This is the picture on the wall of her kingdom. It is a numbered and signed Mary Engelbreit print. Something I wanted to provide as a memory for both Tate and me.



labelpictures 001


On the back I have added her referral picture and the reason for the print.

labelpictures 004


I did the same thing when I became DTC/LID for my girl back in March 7 2006. That time it was a print done by a adoptive momma of her China love.

labelpictures 002


Also an inscription on the back commemorating this special moment.

labelpictures 003




TWO MORE SLEEPS!!!

16 comments:

Tiffany said...

So excited for you! Bows are finished and will be delivered tomorrow! You are now ready to go!

Single Women Adopting Children said...

I love sentimental stuff! Yeah for Tate! I hope you are sleeping....not sure I would.

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sentimental too -- so I love your inscriptions on the back of the prints. So glad you're set to go. I got caught up in the SARS delays for Zo Peep and am glad the Swine Flu issues haven't affected you. Best wishes for a safe trip -- you're so close to holding Tate. Can't wait to see more photos of your Poyang princess.

a Tonggu Momma said...

I think that is absolutely lovely.

Kris said...

You are so good! :-) Can't wait to see you on Thursday!

Jboo said...

So lovely -- those are beautiful! Am so excited for you and your journey to your sweet daughter! Take care.

janet

laurel said...

I love it!!!!! Wonderful.

Kim said...

BEAUTIFUL...
I am getting excited.. can't even imagine how you are feeling..
Safe travels..
Hugs..

M3 said...

Awesome prints, and what a great idea to write those notes on the back!!! Love it.

Two more sleeps, I can barely stand the excitement!!!

Ani said...

I love those prints! what a beautiful way to conmemorate these special days.

How's the packing going????

Anne said...

I love the idea and I love M.E.!! She has fabulous material too and I hope to make quilts for my girls some day (When I have enough $$ to shell out the nearly $500 it will take to buy material for 4 quilts! ;o) Anyway, have a fabulous time in China! We have grown to love it there so much!! It will become a second home to you! Tell Li Ping, Mary or Bob "Hello" from the Isom family!!

BTW, we're doing something similar by framing our "play bills" from the shows we take our girls too! I stole the idea from a friend! This week we get to add The Lion King! ;o)

Suzie said...

What an awesome idea! They will be so special to Tate as she grows up.

OMG - did you say TWO more sleeps???

Pink Evita said...

What a wonderful thing to do. you will be so happy to have the prints as she gets older. Travel safe and have a wonderful time!

Michelle said...

That is such a good idea! So sweet!

2 MORE SLEEPS!!!

Shannon said...

Beautiful!!! I'll be checking in like crazy over the next two weeks for pictures of you with your cutie pie!!! =)

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful! I am so very excited for you and your traveling companions. Best wishes for a safe journey and a very happy Gotcha Day with Tate:)