Discovering Tate First Impressions
- She is a show stopper…. I get comments from government officials to teens on the street.
- She has two small bottom teeth.
- She is a champion sleeper and pooper.
- Her hair needs some taming.
- She is curious and investigative.
- There is no question about her hearing. She can hear congee boiling from miles away.
- She eats well, but does not seem like it is a novelty to be fed.
- She is eating congee, bananas, eggs, noodles, rice cereal and formula. She had her first tiny taste of ice cream.
- She was so loved by care givers and director. She is so on target with most everything, her skin is good condition, she has rolls on her thighs.
- She has a perfectly formed belly button, a little “outtie”
- She has the most beautiful long slender neck.
- She is tall, with long legs.
- She has the cutest way of sucking her thumb! She sticks her left thumb in her mouth with fanned out fingers palm facing out.
- Last night she sang her sweet sounds to me as I rocked her to sleep.
- People in our travel group think that Tate and I are a lot alike in personality. My mom, who knew me when, totally agrees!
Tate’s learning curve
- Tate is a fast learner. I clicked my tongue at her a few times. Suddenly she is clicking her tongue. She will initiate play with the tongue trick, loves it when we laugh at her doing this trick.
- She loves the stacking cups… not a surprise to me. I showed her how to clap two together. She made two concentrated attempts and was successful the third time with a soft clap.
- We are working on clapping. I am sure it is just a matter of days before this will be on her skill resume.
- She did cry so hard on the bus when she discovered that she was not near her caregivers. She cried HARD with a whimpering wind down, then fast asleep. Ever since then she seems to be fine. Good eye contact, tracks me with her eyes. Wants me for comfort and snuggling.
- We are so lucky to be traveling with eight amazing families… Four of these families have babies from Poyang. One baby, Hannah was her “special” friend. We have photos taken of these two together. Tate is usually reaching out touching her in the pictures. Yesterday they got to see each other. The both lite up with excitement. Tate reached over and grabbed Hannah. I let Tate go over and hug and touch Hannah, taking my hands off of her for a second. Tate let off a huge wail, which stopped instantly when I held her.
- On the way to breakfast today, we stopped and talked to our China guide. Tate was in the stroller. She seemed kind of serious and concerned until I left him. She instantly became her happy sweet self.
- Same thing happened later. I was carrying her and she was getting a lot of attention from the staff on our floor. We were on out way to the China guide’s room. The whole time we are in his room, she is snuggle in my arms with this serious don’t mess with me face. This look went away when she no longer felt that threat.
I cannot believe that I have had my gal for only 48 hrs. She seems like she has been in my arms always….. Oh man, my heart burns with love for her.