Monday, May 25, 2009

NOW THE DAY IS OVER.....


Tate is sound asleep in her bed at 8:15pm!

It is so surreal of an experience it is here in China and holding my daughter. I am finding it hard to put this emotions to words.....
Set up...... We boarded the plan for Nanchang, got to hotel, had 30 minutes to "get it together", boarded the bus for the 10 minute ride, went up to the 28th floor....It was hot, I was brave and in shock! HOT, HUMID, hardly any air conditioning.
Cut to the moment.... As said before, we walked in and there were the babies. On a bench was a man and woman with two babies on laps and Tate between them. As we approached, the woman wanted to see my tag and immediately pointed to me and said Mamma to Tate YuZhu. This is the picture that is posted below in last post. The two other babies were handed off to their families and there sat Tate YuZhu on her lap. You can tell that Tate was special to this man and woman. I suspect they were more to her than just a caregiver. They watched every move we made, asked questions who all four of us were. Suddenly the most precious gift was place in my arms and went right to my heart. She looked at me with interest and straight on with eye contract. No fusses. Just interest. We did stay close to the man and woman while they watched every move we made. She was delightful. She laughed so sweet when tickled. Smiled. I was just a tad freaked that she was taking this way too well. No crying. Keep in mind the couple was withing 6 feet sitting on the bench. Suddenly we are boarding the bus and Tate realizes she is without "her people". She cries and cries.... much to my relief. The crying did not seem to stop. Finally she puts her left thumb so sweetly in her mouth and starts this fussy hiccuping thing, then drifts off to sleep. We sleep for about two hours. Again with the look of interest, spot on with the eye contact. For the first time, I changed her diaper and clothes and got to take a peek of her loveliness. She ate a full bottle, I clipped a bow on the pony and off we went for dinner at the buffet. I did give her congee and a few spicy noodles.
It is sooooo early here in China and she is waking up.... more to follow at morning nap time.
I will have more pictures!!
She is making happy sounds as she wakes!!!!
Also, blogger is down so thank you so much to my helper, Tiffany!

18 comments:

Donna said...

What an amazing day! It sounds like everything is going so well...can't wait to hear what's next!

The Brown Family said...

I'm also grateful for Tiffany...I want my daily dose of Tate and Lisa!

Lisa, she is sweet and you are so awesome to know all the things to be watching for. I can tell you have spent some time preparing for this ;)

She is gorgeous and you look so happy. I can't wait for tomorrow's update. Keep them coming!

Love
Kim

Laurie said...

She's beautiful...and so is your post. Enjoy every milli-second of this experience.

Jill said...

So happy for you and Tate!! She is such a beauty!

laurel said...

I am so grateful for the wonderful update! Thanks Tiff.

She is so sweet and you are already a wonderful mom.

Tracy said...

Oh Lisa, Just the way you write, I can tell that you are loving and learning Tate with your heart. It is all too precious. Continue to follow your heart, Tate will communicate to you and let you know what she needs.

Blessings,

Tracy and Muriel

Kim said...

Sounds like things are going sooo well.
LOVE the photos..
Can't wait to see more..
Hugs..

Circe said...

Can't even tell you how happy I am for you and Tate! She is BEAUTIFUL!!

Kramer said...

Thank you Tiffany! Could the day have been any more perfect? I think not! All I can say is Priceless! Every moment of it!

Alyson and Ford said...

Wonderful! So glad to read about your wonderful day! So much loveliness!

Alyzabeth's Mommy

Anonymous said...

So very happy for you!

Luna said...

Your day sounds like it was amazing! I'm just so happy for you!!

Ani said...

what a great day! hope everything continues to go well.

Jewels of My Heart said...

Thank You Jesus for answered prayers.....
How truly wonderful.
Welcome home into your Mama's arms sweet girl.

Single Women Adopting Children said...

so cool!

Linda said...

Happy to see Tate had some tears..What a good thing!!! It will be all small miracles for both of you as you discover each other and the smiles will become even brighter if that is possible.. Wonderful pictures, Your Tate is beautiful. Linda

Melissa said...

Glad to read that it was all that you expected. As heartwrenching as it was too see/hear her crying, it was such a good sign. Were you able to get any information from her caregivers? She is a beautiful little girl.

Tana said...

I *LOVE* all the photos! Beautiful! What an amazing little family. :o)