Tuesday, March 07, 2006

IT'S PERSONAL

When I was just a spring chicken and paperchasing, I would lurk into the blogs of the people who have adopted already....with their little gals at home and see all the love and joy and cuteness and and and .....

Then I discovered the Traveling group..... The ones in China going thru the process .... Screaming babies being handed to them... The puzzeling questions of what to do with baby??? Feed?? Sleep??? Bond???? The joys of Walmart and squeaky shoes.... And the nightmarish flight home..... The jet lag and adjustment......

These were all faces and names....

But now I have discovered and bonded and become blogger friends with this new group ..... The ones with DTC/LID of July....August.... etc.... It has become PERSONAL!!! I have followed along the emotional roller coaster of the slow downs, the rumors, the single and weight restrictions (rumors).... The RUMORS..... Now my blogger friends have passed successfully thru the review room and lovingly are in the hands of the people who hold family's futures..... This is becoming personal!!! I am now emotionally vested in this thing.... It is not just about ME.... But has become REAL!!!!


CHILLS. ARE. RUNNING. UP. AND. DOWN. FROM. HEAD. TO. TOE..........

IT'S PERSONAL NOW!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Stephe said...

I hear ya! It's surreal when you have been chatting with someone "pre-mom" and then there is this amazing journey...and you know them. Then you see all of their hopes and dreams become a reality! Then you realize that you need to really seriously consider buying stock in Kleenex!!!

Eliza2006 said...

Thanks for you post! Sometimes it all seems unreal to me...and then your post...pass the tissues!

Tiffany

Anonymous said...

I feel exactly the same way!
It's all becoming so real, instead of like reading a good novel - it's all actually happening!

Holly

Kristin said...

i remember this time well... it is really just so emotional and exciting...

i am thrilled for all of you who will be meeting your babies this year and i look forward to following the stork alerts!!

Jen R. said...

It's pretty cool, huh?

Colleen said...

Lisa - that was so sweet of you to post...and oh my god so true! I have made some amazing connections with people thru this adoption, and I am so blessed that I know these people will be in my life forever! Its a personal thing that not all people can understand. We all share a very common and close bond!! If the rumors are true...oh god.........

Puddin' said...

It's so true! When I think back to what my perceptions were in the very beginning of this process, it was very surreal. Now...it's so REAL!!! I love it!

Donna said...

Lisa, it gets more and more real every time I see one of my blogger buddies traveling to China to get their precious daughter. At first, I couldn't imagine it would be me someday, but now as I see more and more daughters coming home, I can actually see my turn coming up. There is a light at the end of this long tunnel for us both!

I don't know how I would get through this wait without my blogger friends...you do realize that when we have Tate and Lauren, we do live close enough to meet and I am definitely hoping that we do!

Donna :)

OziMum said...

It is amazing, isn't it. I'm pathetic when it comes to technology, and embarassed to say, internet & email, still makes my mind boggle to think I can communicate with people across the world in seconds!!!
It's incerdible what happens when a bunch of people get together that have one huge thing (like adoption) in common!
Thanks for sharing!
Lee-Anne