Saturday, March 11, 2006

TEST RUN


TEST RUN A BABY!!!!

Yesterday I got to watch my friend's 5 month old daughter while she was at work for 13 hours!!! I was so excited to do this, since it has been 7 years since I have had my hands on the care of a baby that young and for such long of a time. I wanted to see what my life will be like with a baby. Since I love going out to restaurants with friends, I met a friend for lunch. I will say that I picked a KID FRIENDLY place that was noisey enough that if this bundle of joy cried, screamed or was making adorable sounds it would not DISTURB kid-hating adults....But who could possibly be hatin' the sounds of such an adorable baby??? I will say she was perfect and ate her bottle without a problem (mom nurses) and FLIRTED with all the men around us..... Not too shabby for two single gals on the prowl for men.... I was able to master getting her infant car seat in and out of my SUV and could even get the stroller to collapse with only one hand. All in all it was a fantastic day just lovin' on this baby. I think I am ready for my TATE!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Joannah said...

What a neat experience for you! Good practice!

Shannon said...

You are soooooo ready for Tate!! =)

Ava's family said...

You got the stroller to collapse with only one hand?! I am VERY impressed!

Eliza2006 said...

Yes, you ARE ready!

Tiffany

Stephanie said...

Sounds like you (and your little friend) had a great time!

Elle said...

How fun!! That is good practice.

Jen R. said...

Awesome...glad the baby cooperated, too!

Stephe said...

Tate will be here before you know it!!!!!