Monday, March 06, 2006

PRAYER

I have a lot on my mind and first and foremost is becoming a momma..... I am also looking at turning the big 49 in a few weeks which is marching towards the countdown of the big {{{{{ 50 }}}}} *gasp*!!!!! So I have been worrying .... About everything!!! I don't think I am a worrier, not any more than the average person.... But this adoption is well, put me into a hurricane of worry.... Hmmmmm, I will be 68 when my daughter graduates High School.... So I tell myself that I will turn 68 whether or not I have a daughter graduating from High School, and boy will that 18 years be full of Joy.... Then I worry about MONEY.... How will I afford daycare, lessons, retirement????? I know everyone goes thru this and I am not unique.... So I pray..... And sometimes my prayers get answered thru others..... Something you say,you do, or you write. Last night I offered up a prayer about these very things.... This is the answer that hit me today when reading a posting of a good friend's blog.

Some would gather money along the path of life
Some would gather roses, to rest from worldly strife
But I would gather children from among the thorns of sin
I would seek a little curl and a big and toothless grin

For money cannot enter in the land of endless day
And roses that are gathered will wilt along the way
But, oh, the laughing children, as I cross the endless sea
And the gates swing wide in heaven
I can take them in with me.

Anonymous
I am not one to share my spiritual side to many.... Those who know me know me as a fun loving wild girl.... Those who really know me know me as the before mentioned but also with a spiritual side. Whatever, I feel more at peace with my decision....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful thought. Thanks for sharing

Stephanie said...

You are right, becoming a parent can make the most sane person feel overwhelmed. Take comfort that we have all been there and survived. You will make a great mother, just you wait.

Joannah said...

That's just beautiful!

Elle said...

I love that! Lisa, you are going to be a wonderful mom.

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful Lisa, thanks for sharing that prayer.
Like you, I don't show much of my spiritual side, either. But it's there, and boy has it gotten me through some very tough times.
I can always tell when I get too far away from it; things fall apart, and I have to get back there again.

Yes, I worry about my age too.
I hear you!
Holly

Christi and Abbey said...

I am so glad that little message came your way just when you needed it and that you were able to grab on to it. This really is a walk of faith.

Sandra said...

Hi Lisa,
I totally understand your fears about age and money! My dad always told me, well your going to be __ age anyway, so why not do __. Thanks for sharing the verse - I love it!